Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Support

Who Supports You?

My friend, Marion, over the pond in the UK asked that question on her blog today and it got me to thinking about who supports me.

My daughter, Erin is my biggest piece of scaffolding. She lets me clutter the house with all the bits and pieces of stuff that help me to make my art. Be it yarn, fabric, beads, threads, papers, even bits and bobs of junk I find out and about.

My friends from all the different aspects of my life who support me in my artistic ventures by saying all the right things, even if I don't want to hear it. They are the knitters, The Ravelers, the quilters, The Quilt Mavericks, the fiber artistes of all sorts, the historical re-enactors, The Renaissance Scots, the paper artistes, the Scottish community, the Colorado Medieval Festival folks, the Rennies, the greyhound rescue folks, swordsmen, spinners, weavers and costume makers.

I also can never say thank you enough for all the friends that saw me through treatment for breast cancer 8 years ago and held my hand and kicked my ass when it was necessary. I have very little biological family left and my friends are the family I have made. Thanks to all for being the supports of my life. Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah (that's 3 cheers) to you for being there through the thick and thin.

On another note, I am way stoked about Coraline the Movie, opening this weekend. Neil Gaiman and knitting what could be better than that, I ask you?

No comments: