Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Knitting Meme

  1. What kind of knitting needles do you favor? ChiaoGoo Bamboo
  2. What is the nicest thing you’ve ever knit? My Olive Green Shrug or maybe my Dragonfly Socks.
  3. What is the worst thing you’ve ever knit? A bag that refused to felt and went catty-wampus and ugly.
  4. What is the knitting project you most enjoyed working on? Encore Scrap Socks
  5. What is your most hated project? That damn silk sweater that has been through three iterations.
  6. Who is your favorite knitting author? Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
  7. What is your favorite stitch pattern? Any cable makes me happy.
  8. How many projects to you have on needles right now? 5 or so...
Your turn... even if you are a crocheter, just change the wording.

2 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

1. Knit Picks metal tip circulars
2. Probably the socks I made last year in a lace pattern---knee socks with enough ribbing to turn down!
3. Too many to even discuss----I block them out.... ;)
4. The shetland lace stole Gary brought me gfrom England. I learned---QUICKLY.
5. Hmmmmm....hated.....can't answer this one as I rip them out!
6. Have several--but sock books are high on the list.
7. I really like simple lace stitches.
8. ONE. Only ONE and it should be off tomorrow!!!!
Hope I didn't miss anything....

talumirage said...

1. What kind of CROCHET HOOKS do you favor?
Metal for acrylic or wool. Everything else squeaks.

2. What is the nicest thing you’ve ever CROCHETED?
My purple 100% wool collarette, even though it smells like dye fixer. Vinegary. Yum.

3. What is the worst thing you’ve ever CROCHET?
Baby booties in chenille-y wool. Yuck.

4. What is the CROCHET project you most enjoyed working on?
Recently, the infamous collarette. Longer ago, the baby bonnet from the book I learnt from- mum learnt from it too, and I had a bonnet from it as a nipper!

5. What is your most hated project?
Anything in mohair or angora. Ugh, the allergies are just too much.

6. Who is your favorite knitting author?
I don't know any! Unless people who write good patterns count... crochetkitten.com!

7. What is your favorite stitch pattern?
TC in every third st, then once in each space on the next row- holey!

8. How many projects to you have on needles right now?
Too damn many. At least 10!