Wednesday, March 3, 2010

#62 0f 365 - and Another One Done Redux

This post is about a number of things.

Among them are Deborah's finished Skully Blanky for
one of her grandsons. Kewl blanky and
very kewl granny that made it. If you look closely you will see the illusion skull and crossbones she borrowed from Ysolda Teague.





I also found the heavier weight yarn to make the kilt hose for my Da to wear with his kilt. He plans to wear the kilt and hose for the DD's wedding next fall. They will likely look something similar to these. I will do the foot part in a fingering weight and the cabled part in a sport weight to make them really comfy and so the cables stand out. I was ecstatic to find two blacks that matched in two different weights and that are both washable. Woot!

This shawl is done! but for the blocking that is. With all the yarns (5 different ones), including a cotton chenille, the drying process for this will take at least two days, so you'll have to wait for the finished picture. Again, this is a 198 Yards of Heaven. This one done on big needles and I made some changes to the last lace section, because I could, LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, kilt hose! James wants to make a pair at some point, though (as largely a hat knitter) I don't think he wants to just yet.

The skulley blanket is beautiful! I decided to try and design my own skull-and-crossbones pattern for illusion knitting and it isn't quite working out, so I might have to revert to the Ysolda one (or maybe start with Ysolda's and modify from there).