Sunday, July 26, 2009

Coming Home Soon

This incredible piece of art is by my friend Anne. She has followed the saga of Grace and St. Stephen's Episcopal Church here on my blog. A while back, she had a contest on her blog here, Anne's Blog and I won a piece of her art. Instead of sending one she had already done, she created a brand new piece for me. I was incredibly touch and overwhelmed by her thoughtful comments along the way and and the care which she used to make this piece for me. Here's the funny part and it also goes to show how clueless I am at times. I sent her or gave her access to some of the images she used for this piece and I had absolutely NO clue... Many grateful thanks, Anne. I am so glad we found each other.

11 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Me too! Me too!
Spmetime, in an e-mail, I'll tell you the REAL saga behind that piece of art and how I kept going.... :)

Celia said...

Wow! Very nice!

Diana Troldahl said...

That is so wonderful/beautiful/GORGEOUS.
I LOVE it.

Judy said...

Today is too jammed to meet up. Another time perhaps.

Karen said...

Very beautiful. I know you'll cherish it! Love your blog!

Leslie said...

Thanks Karen, indeed I will cherish it.

Gina House said...

This painting is beautiful - truly beautiful. wow!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my art doodle page on my blog.

Your blog is very thoughtful.

Anonymous said...

That piece of art realaly fits you FPK - very "kewl" :D

Tristan Robin said...

This is just beautiful! How wonderful that it represents part of your life!

I was also fortunate enough to win a piece of art from Anne. I followed the entire process on her blog without ever being aware it was for me LOL.

She's one terrific broad!

Leslie said...

Tristan, she did it to me too.

Yes, yes she is!