Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Moley Madness - Round Three



As you all are likely aware by now, I love my Moleskines. I also love the Ravelry Round Robins I have been doing with them since last Fall. Here are the opening pages of book three which left on it's travels yesterday.




My first book had no theme, per se. My second book has a theme of Ravens and Roses. This book's theme will hopefully be a travelogue of it's journey. I have asked the participants to tell me something about where they live. Can't wait to see it when it comes home. I started with a view of Pike's Peak from the Garden of the Gods as a guide for them to know what I want for this round. I really am lucky to have such a treasure in my own backyard as it were. All but one (yeah for Kimi, taking that leap of faith again) of the participants in this round are totally new to me, so I am really excited to see what they will do..




Of course, the photos are craptastic and in no way do justice to the process, but I am doing the best I can. Thanks for your patience...

10 comments:

Celia said...

I soooo need to join a round robin. That thing is awesome!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Love the pirate stickers!!!! Pirate to the core!!!! ;)

Diana Troldahl said...

What a great idea! I wonder what a round robin quilt top would look like with a similar theme?

Ces Adorio said...

Ahh! You have been busy! Aren't Moleskines fun! You are lucky, you are surrounded by beautiful landscapes that you capture so well!

Leslie said...

@Diana, I have a RR quilt top that I need to sandwich, I love RRs in all forms of media.

@Anne, I am the FiberPirateKniter on Ravelry ,what else would I do?

@Ces, thanks for the kind words about my wee attempts at drawing the beauty that surrounds me.

Ces Adorio said...

Ah you sweet and lovely lady. You are much too kind to me. I know I am verbose sometimes and I also try not to be dramatic but the no adrawing and painting is driving me insane!

Ces Adorio said...

Ah, I am still visiting my blog friends!

Margi said...

Leslie, you so have to tell me more about this Moley business. I'm intrigued!
Margi

Anonymous said...

You just got to love those Moley's eh ;)

Kimi said...

I didn't want to miss the fun!