Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 21 ~ Pretty Pattern

The title would more than likely make one think of something like this: patterns on fabric
However, I think of something like this: knitting patterns
My neck tends to get chilled as the cooler weather sets in. You should knit a cowl, also called a neck gaiter by some to wear this winter and all those to come. I thought to myself, you've made oodles of them for charity but not one for yourself. As my daughter, Erin brought me one (1) skein of Rowan Pure Wool Aran weight yarn in a lovely celery green from England, I decide to look for a pattern that I could use it for. I went to Ravelry and looked in my favourites to see what I had pinned there and lo and behold, there was Nic's Ashford Cowl requiring less than 180 yards of yarn. Woot! So, now I have cast on and have one repeat completed.

1 comment:

Nic said...

Yay! Looking forward to seeing this. Have fun with it. ;-D